Book a class
- About SFCC
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- Academics & Programs
- Campus Life
- Foundation & Alumni
- RESOURCES FOR
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
- Active Duty Military & Veterans
- QUICK LINKS
- Academic Dates & Deadlines
- Campus Store
- Daum Museum of Contemporary Art
- Donald C. Proctor Library
- Employee Directory
- Offices & Services
- Request a Transcript
- SFCC Alert & Campus Closures
State Fair Community College’s The LearningForce will offer these professional and enrichment courses that start between Nov. 1 and Nov. 8.
- PIYO, a combination of Pilates, yoga and nonstop movement, will be held from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays starting Nov. 1 for eight sessions in Hopkins Student Center, Room 714. Class will not be held on Nov. 22. This low-impact, music-driven, body-sculpting workout strengthens muscles, increases flexibility and improves balance and mobility. Cost is $39; instructor is Kim Windle. The next class group Dec. 4.
- Yoga classes will meet from 4-5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays starting Nov. 2 for seven sessions in Hopkins Student Center, Room 714. No classes will be held on Nov. 21 or 23. Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat or rug. Cost is $34; instructor is Irene Renauld. The next class group starts Dec. 5.
- Yogalates, a fusion of yoga and Pilates, will meet from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for seven sessions beginning Nov. 2 in Hopkins Student Center, Room 714. No classes will be held on Nov. 21 or 23. This classes offers stretching and strengthening of all major muscles and calms the mind and spirit. Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat. Cost is $34 for eight sessions; instructor is Sue Guffin. The next class group starts Dec. 5.
A 15 percent discount is applied if enrolling in three or more yoga, Yogalates or PIYO sessions at the same time prior to the start of class.
- Conceal and Carry Weapons – Hand Gun Fundamentals, an eight-hour comprehensive training, practice and application, will meet from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 4 at Black Dawn Industries LLC, 1511 North Ohio Avenue. Participants will learn about the design, construction and uses of a handgun. Topics include safety, operations, mental preparation, firearm laws, loading and unloading, and storage. The class includes live fire personalized practice to develop and improve skills and abilities. Upon successful completion, participants will have met the classroom requirement for a CCW application. Missouri residents must be at least 19 years old to apply for a concealed weapon endorsement. Students must provide their own handgun (revolver or semi-auto), 100 rounds of ammunition and eye and hearing protection. Handguns will be available for rent and ammunition available for purchase. Class size is limited to 18 students. Cost is $99; qualified instructors and range facilities provided by Black Dawn Industries.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A Truck Driving Academy is a four-week program designed to train new truck drivers how to drive, the rules and regulations of the road and how to keep driving logs. It includes about 40 hours of classroom time and 160 hours of driving time. Students must have a CDL permit and pass drug and health screenings before starting. Programs begin monthly; the next one begins Nov. 6 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 245. Upon completion, students will be prepared to earn a Class A CDL. Go to sfccmo.edu/cdl for details and application. Gary Willis is the instructor. The next class starts Jan. 2.
- Mesh Wreath Making will meet from 6-9 p.m. on Nov. 8 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 253. Students will learn to create beautiful mesh wreaths using the popular deco mesh. Everyone will leave with a fall or holiday wreath and the ability to make many more custom wreaths. A supply list will be available upon enrollment. Cost is $29; DeAnna Amos of Misty Woods Products is the instructor.
On tap for 2018 is a Hobby Welding class that will meet from 6-9 p.m. from Jan. 8-12 in Fielding Technical Center. This class offers hands-on, individual instruction that includes safety, set-up and basic welding applications. Students should be able to implement weld techniques for building, repair and artistic exploration. Cost is $199; Carl Mounce is the instructor.
Crappie University will be held from 7:30-9:30 p.m. for four nights, Feb. 7, 13, 21 and 28 in Thompson Conference Center in Heckart Science Center. Students will learn cutting-edge techniques used by top crappie pros and guides. Cost is $89.
For more information and to register online go to sfccmo.edu/the-learning-force, call (660) 530-5822 or email [email protected] . Gift certificates are available for any course. Early enrollment helps to ensure classes will be held.
October 05, 2018
Oct. 5, 2018 – State Fair Community College’s The LearningForce and companies in the college’s 14-county service area were awarded $316,250 … Read more about Workforce Development awards $316,250 to SFCC’s The LearningForce and companies. [Read More]
October 01, 2018
State Fair Community College will again host one of Missouri’s annual “FAFSA Frenzy” events Oct. 25 to help college-bound students apply for fin … Read more about SFCC to host Missouri ‘FAFSA Frenzy’ Oct. 25. [Read More]
September 27, 2018
State Fair Community College is now enrolling for second eight-week classes that start Oct. 17 on its campuses in Sedalia, Boonville, Clinton, Eldon, … Read more about Second 8-week classes to start Oct. 17. [Read More]
Toll Free (877) 311-7322
Learn more. Do more.
Take the next step.
- Visit SFCC
- Request Info
Mustering up the energy and enthusiasm to exercise when winter sets in can be hard work. Whether it’s the cold weather or a diary full of social events there’s no doubt working out takes a back seat.
Fortunately, there are plenty of online workout programmes and video streaming sites that make it easier and more convenient to exercise wherever and whenever you want. But with hundreds of online workouts, deciphering the good from the not so good can be a job within itself. So here are the best virtual fitness classes to sign-up to now…
Best for every possible type of yoga
Movement for Modern Life has a yoga class for every level and requirement, including a ski series to help you strengthen your core before hitting the slopes. Whether you have five minutes or 20, there’s a class that will suit you and an array of different instructors too, so it’s very hard to get bored.
We’re filming some new classes today with the lovely @anaiscaradeux and wonderful teacher @lucyogi! Watch more on our instagram story 🙏🏻 #yogadaily #yoga
Movement for Modern Life, £15.99 per month
Best for improving your grace and poise
Former ballet dancer Mary Helen Bowers trained Natalie Portman for her role in Black Swan and has more than a handful of A-list clients. Ballet Beautiful classes use a range of barre and dance techniques to strengthen your core, lengthen your limbs and improve your posture. For those who can’t make it to either of the New York studios, you can buy a bundle of classes to stream wherever you are in the world.
Morning #workout ❤️ These #BalletBeautiful side extensions tone the legs, butt & waist! Try two sets of eight on both sides 👯 #dance #love #BalletBeautifulFit ❤️
Ballet Beautiful class bundles, from $9.99
Best free online workout class
If you don’t want to spend money on working out, or if you’re travelling and can’t get to your usual class, Sweaty Betty’s online workout videos are a saving grace. The brand regularly teams up with fitness studios and trainers, including Body by Simone and 1 Rebel. Whether you want to do barre or boxfit, Sweaty Betty offers a range of different workouts.
Sweaty Betty online workout videos, free
Best for full body strengthening and toning
Another cult US studio, Physique 57 is known for its high energy, body sculpting workouts. Blending barre, Pilates and strength training, it’s not for the light-hearted, but after just two classes you will notice a difference.
Want #abs for summer? Then you should be taking our May Format of the Month: Mat 57. Click the link in our profile to learn from NYC Instructor, Katie Mitchell, why this class is perfect for getting hardCORE abs! Plus, take 4 #Mat57 classes in May in #NYC or #BeverlyHills & receive a complimentary F.I.T. Class in June. #flatabs #fitspo #motivationmonday
Physique 57 streaming videos, from $7
Best for fitness phobes
The urge to exercise doesn’t come naturally to everyone and some of us could always find an excuse to get out of going to the gym. Fortunately there is That Girl London, which is compiled by fitness trainer Christina Howells and offers downloadable workouts to keep you in ship-shape. There’s an eight-week beginner programme to ease you in and then there’s new monthly workouts to continue to build up your fitness levels.
• SOPHIES TOP POWER MOVES • Can you keep up with @sophiegraceholmes top badass moves ? Film @ninashaw Clothes by @charlicohen
That Girl London, £29 for three months
Follow on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on Instagram
READ MORE ABOUT:
Follow on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on Instagram
Gallery: The best men’s grooming products to buy now, according to The Telegraph’s experts
Gallery: The best beauty products to buy now, according to The Telegraph’s experts
Gallery: 30 new season must have buys according to the Telegraph’s beauty experts
You might also like
40 beauty tips for women over 40
How to be a better midlife drinker? The secret is in two alcohol-free days a week
A solution for thinning hair? Try these invisible hair extensions
It’s time for the British to finally embrace teeth whitening
Your four-step plan for sexy eye make-up in your 40s
Lila Moss, Kate’s 16 year-old daughter fronts her first beauty campaign. So is she set to be the next big supermodel?
As the Duchess of Sussex steps out with glowing skin, is this the regime she’s been following?
Comment: Make-up isn’t ‘trivial’ and it’s ridiculous to think teenage girls are undermining ‘Me Too’ because of itSonia Haria
How Pantene’s new £3.99 shampoo could visibly improve your hair health
As a working mother of three, are these the beauty products the Duchess of Cambridge uses?
How to trim your waist in a matter of minutes every day? Try ‘fitness snacking’
The cult beauty brand everyone’s
talking about is finally launching in the UK – but is it worth the hype?
Meet three husband-and-wife teams running successful companies together – and how they make it work
X-Factor, curries, and definitely no 5am runs: The life of very British supermodel Jourdan Dunn
Stella Beauty Awards 2018: The 15 products that won our vote – and yours
Avoid this ingredient in your shampoo if you want naturally sleek hair
How I lost 10 years off my neck thanks to one beauty treatment
Bold eyeshadow is back: I’ve discovered the grown-up way to wear it to look more youthful
Are ‘skin pastes’ by Boots No7 really the new £18 secret to looking younger? Here’s our verdict
10 things you can expect to find in Gwyneth Paltrow’s new London Goop store
What has happened to David Beckham’s hair? Three experts give their verdict
2nd October 2018
Yogalates Wed 515 nearly full – 2 spaces left 465115
- Tel: 465115
- Book Classes
- Le Barre
- Infrared Sauna
- Studio Hire
- Jersey Thermal Imaging
- Book Classes
- Le Barre
- Studio Hire
Pilates, Yogalates and GOGA teacher 465115
Suzanne is the Island’s GOGA Teacher and in conjunction with Clare and Mike Walker from IOM Goats offers regular Goat Yoga classes in the goat’s natural environment during the Summer in Kirk Michael.
– The final weekend is fast approaching and is FULL so sorry if you have missed out.
Classes cost £20 per person which includes a 45 min fun Yoga Workout with young goats (and the odd meg lamb/sheep) who hop, skip and jump plus nibble, snuggle, snooze and make you laugh a lot. After the Yoga there is 15 mins Goat time to take photos, ask Clare and Mike (the farmers) any questions about Goats and cuddle, make friends with the kids. During the class you will have fun but also hopefully benefit from the tranquility and calmness from doing a nice stretchy and relaxing Yoga class with these amazing animals.
GOGA is a real craze sweeping the country and since its launch in 2016 in Oregon has being featured on UK TV on Countryfile, Real Housewives and Kardashians to name a few.. GOGA has taken off massively. IOM Goats have a lovely enclosed concrete space or we have an area inside the barn we can use if its raining, Yoga mats are provided and I will be teaching.
Suzanne Young has taught Pilates Matwork since 2004 (Qualified to teach to Advanced level 3). Suzanne is also a qualified Personal Trainer and Therapist and trained in Bali to teach Vinyasa Yoga in 2012.
Now offering 8 Pilates mat work classes a week in Ramsey with monthly beginner Pilates matwork workshops (to help integrate new people into the classes). Suzanne also has a limited number of private clients for one-to-one Pilates sessions using Pilates Studio apparatus.
Suzanne runs a Yogalates classes twice a week combining Vinyasa Yoga and classical Pilates – this class is only for experienced clients as it is fast paced and knowledge of the postures and techniques are required.
Also available at the studios are a FAR Infrared Sauna and the original VIBROGYM whole body vibration training – please check out the pages or contact Suzanne 465115.
Please contact Suzanne 465115 [email protected] for any further infomation…