Skip to main content
Home – The University of Sydney
Start your journey at Sydney
It’s yours for the taking
Study with us
Find your pathway
Research with us
Be part of something world changing
Alumni & giving
How to collaborate or donate
Explore our university in 360°
See our campus through a student’s eyes.
Postgraduate Study and Research Week
10 – 14 September
Join us for a series of events to see where honours, research or master’s degrees could lead you.
News & opinion
Eureka Prizes: Sydney scoops the pool for science leadership
University welcomes Professor Lisa Jackson Pulver
Drought-affected habitats endanger koalas
6 ways to get involved in Disability Inclusion Week
The Sydney alumnus helping people of all abilities get active
Does the sea level or the sun drive volcanic seafloor topography?
See all events
Sydney Fringe Festival
Why the Large Hadron Collider is a game changer
Why the Large Hadron Collider is a game changer
We acknowledge the tradition of custodianship and law of the Country on which the University of Sydney campuses stand.
We pay our respects to those who have cared and continue to care for Country.
- Call Now! (USA)Login
CustomEssayOrder.comCall Now! (USA)Order now
- Order Now
Social Issues Topics
Is it hard to maintain a social life without being criticized by everyone? Well, yes indeed. Currently, everything is scrutinized, and the media is always ready to report on issues in the society. Traditional trends have changed, and many of them have been replaced by technologically induced or motivated ways or methods. For example, today, the old-fashioned face-to-face conversation has been phased out by social media platforms which promise more connectivity regardless of distance. Everything has either changed or taken a different form and hence the many changes in the society today. Social issues transcend almost every aspect of the society, and therefore, given the task of writing an essay on social issues, one is indirectly given the chance to choose from the myriad of topics within the field. However, we have discovered that balancing between the amount of time taken by social media platforms and the old-fashioned face to face conversation can be a hard task. Hence, by giving you the opportunity to use our essay writing service, you have a chance to do something else, probably the face to face communication or anything that equates to having a proper social life. Almost everything in this world involves the social life.
Some of which include:
- Religion. With the various prayer or religious gatherings and places of worship for some denominations, the followers of the religion tend to interact and form social bonds amongst each other. As depicted by some religious groups, these tend to be strong and held by the web of values shared by these groups.
- Gender identity. The way we identify ourselves makes a great social difference in terms of the way we people interact. For example, gay bars as a social meeting place for the gays. Additionally, there are other joints which only attract women or seem to be frequented by men only.
- Government and social life. It is pretty obvious that the government follows our social media postings and hence putting a lid on what views can be uttered and what can’t. It is indeed possible to spread rumors or certain politically induced comments on social media. Therefore, governments all over the world seem to want to be involved in setting or upholding laws which govern their people’s interactions on social media.
- Separation of church and state.
- War. Several wars have brought division in people’s social lives, for example, a person living in America, having an Arabian affiliation can be singled out on what they post on social media. It has, therefore, become mandatory for governments to ensure that people are using the social media platforms responsibly.
- Family and single parenthood. This involves one parent walking out with their partner. This may affect the kid’s growth in terms of criticism from their peers and also their mental and emotional health which affects their social life.
- Drugs and alcohol abuse. Drugs have subsequent health and emotional issues through addiction and general usage which in turn changes a person’s social behavior.
- Social media and bullying. Some cases of bullying have been described as sources of suicidal thought and behavioral changes.
- Social media has been associated with a bad company among the youth hence disadvantages in social and moral values.
- Materialism. Trends in fashion among others have had a significant impact on how teenagers communicate with their peers and also those not of their trendy peers and family members.
- Obesity and social life. Fat shaming has had some root in its victims’ social lives.
- Education disparity. Inequality in educational quality is described and defined by race in many communities as well as financial status. For example, If you live in a poor neighborhood or are a minority, there is a huge chance that the schools you attend may lack most essential facilities hence a totally different way of interaction with the other cultured kids.
- Social life and the economy.
- Poverty and social life. In most communities, the economic status always defines a person’s social status.
- National pride and identity. The sense of belonging always has a say in a person’s social identity and status. The way citizens of a country communicate is different with that of immigrants and natives.
- The internet versus the social life.
- The power of advertisements. In some cases, people have been attracted into buying certain types of products that they now define with that particular brand against their rivals through extreme advertising.
- Suicide and the social media.
- Procrastination. Particularly with topics for an essay on social issues, students mostly have other fun things to do instead of doing assignments. This may improve social lives but may ruin academic excellence.
- Racism. Being one of the worst types of categorization in the contemporary world, racism has altered the social lives of people. This refers to the sense of belonging where people tend to identify with their people.
As already stated, social issues transcend almost every part or aspect of the society. Therefore, given the task of writing an essay on social issues, one would have to pick or select one which appeals to them the most. Topic selection is indeed vital and goes a long way into determining one’s grade. Before you select any topic, ensure that it is among the topics you find interesting and one which you can have an easy time researching and writing on. Examples of essay topics on social issues include the following:
- Define racism and describe the impact it has had on people’s lives.
- Write a persuasive essay in which you show how social media has helped to impair face-to-face conversation.
- Write an essay which showcases the issues and challenges faced by single mothers.
- Define gender and explain how your gender has impacted your life or the lives of people around you.
- Discuss five stereotypes used towards the LGBT people and explain your opinion regarding the same.
- What is your take on teen pregnancy and how can young girls be sensitized against it?
- Make a case against domestic violence and its effects on children.
- Have you ever been bullied? Make a case against it and discuss some of its effects.
- Should prostitution be considered a legal business? Why or why not?
- What are some of the ways of preventing cybercrime?
In conclusion, writing an essay on social issues should not be as big a challenge as some students might think or believe. Given such a task, ensure that you understand or have an idea about a specific social issue you wish to handle.
Need a custom essay?
- Essay Topics (21)
- How to (117)
- Tips For Students (11)
- Usefull (173)
- Writing Samples (102)
© CustomEssayOrder, 2018
Custom Dissertation |
Custom Thesis |
Custom Coursework |
Custom Term Papers |
Custom Article Writing |
Custom Assignment |
Custom Research Papers