- Skip to primary navigation
- Skip to content
- Skip to primary sidebar
Freelance Writing Jobs
Find a job Submit a job Get job alerts
Find a contest Submit a contest Win writing contests
Make Money Writing
Setting your rates Bid proposals Query letters
Sports reports Types of journalism Shakespeare’s writing
Writing a narrative essay is an essential talent for field research. Rather than summing things up for your reader, it presents your experience and allows them to draw their own conclusions. The narrative essay makes it point by subtly guiding the reader, rather than battering them the way a rhetorical essay would.
By observing these basic ideas, you can improve your narrative essay.
Complex words and syntax are a hindrance to clarity and should be avoided. Ideas should be clearly distributed between sentences and paragraphs.
Example: Although I have never been to the races before, I was very excited to behold them, yet also somewhat nervous, because of the type of people who go there.
Improved: I’d never been to a horse race. I was excited to go, but also a little nervous, since I wasn’t sure about the people at the track.
2. Don’t describe each and every one of your own movements
Example: As I went in the door, I turned and saw a TV. I looked around and saw posters on the wall. As I went further in I noticed everyone was watching M*A*S*H.
Improved: I immediately noticed the posters on the wall, though everyone else’s eyes were focused on a TV playing M*A*S*H.
3. Avoid the second-person narrative
An important part of the narrative essay is the fact that the writer experienced the events described.
Example: As you go in the door, you will turn and see a TV. You look around and see posters on the wall. As you go further in you notice everyone is watching M*A*S*H.
Writing in the present tense is okay, however.
4. To interest the reader, dynamic word choice is key
Avoid sounding too clinical. Use the same slang, idiom, and turns of phrase you would use in speech. Avoid passive constructions.
Example: I am presented an array of unpleasant photos in which many casualties are shown after automobile accidents.
Improved: They showed me a book stuffed with gruesome pictures of people who’d been in car wrecks.
5. Limit references
MLA format recommends including citations in the text, but in a narrative essay this is disruptive. If a work was helpful, cite it in a ‘Works Consulted’ list after the essay. Explain yourself as you go along, rather than trying to refer your reader back to a previous statement.
Example: When I first saw the comic book fans jumping up and down, I thought as they would, “Lord, what fools these mortals be” (Gaiman 1989.) I later learned why they do this.
Improved: The fans jump up and down. When I first saw this, I wondered what they were doing and my mind conjured a quote from Shakespeare that Neil Gaiman used in his “Sandman”: “Lord, what fools these mortals be.” However, I watched a bit longer and realized the company spokesmodels were throwing free merchandise. The fans wanted to get the most from their day at the convention.
The narrative essay is a keen rhetorical tool because it allows the readers to draw their own conclusions, but falling into the traps above deprive it of its effectiveness. By avoiding these errors, you can subtly guide your reader in your desired direction.
Submit a Job!
Subscribe to receive the latest freelance writing jobs, daily!
Freelance Writing Contests
How to Set Your Freelance Writing Rates
Many individuals who lack writing skills drive down rates, way below…
The Writing Style of William Shakespeare
Some of the most famous lines in the history of literature come from the…
Top 5 Tips to Write An Interesting Narrative for Any Story
WRITING NARRATION – You can discover numerous ways of crafting an…
Download our e-books!
Protecting Your Work the Right Way: Copyright and Usage Rights for Freelance Writers
When you sell your article or other written piece to a publication, it’s important to understand what you’re actually selling. More often than not, you’re…
5 Steps to Increase Your Writing Income this Year: Learn to find and retain long-term writing partnerships
How many times have you landed a writing gig but the project turns out to be a one-time deal? You deliver well-written content on deadline, and cross your…
Freelance Writing Clients: The Good vs. the Bad
I think most freelancers have some conception of what a bad client looks like – those of you who aren’t yet freelancers, imagine one. It probably exists. But…
The Rewrite: Good and Bad Literary Habits of Great Writers
In order to become a better writer, it’s valuable to look the good and bad literary habits of great writers. Learn about the top habits in this article.
Thanks for your submission!
FreelanceWriting.com hosts some of the most talented freelance writers on the web, so you’ve come to the right place to find contestants. We are proud to post your contest here, free of charge. Please come back and submit a new contest anytime!
Thanks for your submission!
If you want make a change or wish to remove your job ad in the future, please email [email protected]
We strive to be the best source of freelance writing jobs on the web, and we maintain our quality thanks to employers like you. Please continue to submit jobs early and often!
The professional narrative essay
writing services for students who can’t even.
Get your narrative essay starting at just $18.00 a page
Our Team of Ph.D Writers
You can learn more about our writers by checking their profiles below.
№20 In global rating
№7 In global rating
№4 In global rating
№19 In global rating
№18 In global rating
№15 In global rating
№8 In global rating
№17 In global rating
Dr. Karen (PhD)
№6 In global rating
№13 In global rating
Checkout our narrative essay writing service features. We guarantee that your correct assignment will not only be delivered on time, but will be of the highest quality.
we’ll get your
paper written for you
in as little as 3 hours.
How it works
requirements, and provide deadline.
Total Security and Privacy
Behind every great writing service is a great 24/7 support team
Our customer support staff is available anytime day or night to provide answers to all questions or concerns.
CHAT WITH CONSULTANT
ENTRUST YOUR NARRATIVE ESSAY TO OUR WRITING SERVICE
Every day tons of college and school students struggle with their academic assignments. When writing different types of papers, students do not only have to follow certain instructions; they also have to create an original, interesting and high-quality piece.
College narrative essay is one of the most often assignments. Only experienced students can easily cope with this task. The others often start looking for alternative ways to deal with such papers and are wondering around “who can write my narrative essay.”
If you know how to cope with your narrative essay assignment, it can be an easy type of academic writing for you, but if you face difficulties with writing a narrative paper – your risks of failure are quite high. That is when you should look for professional essay help ! Where can you find professional help with narrative essay writing that will bring you to the top and boost your performance?
Why Do Students Buy Narrative Essays?
Working on numerous papers is challenging, and various pitfalls are waiting for you all the way through this tedious and time-consuming process. Young people have to be aware of lots of different requirements. Besides, almost everyone is facing issues with plagiarism. That is why many prefer to request narrative writing assistance from a custom writing service to receive a high-quality paper , written by experts in this field.
How To Get Assistance Of Expert Writers?
Finding such service is a challenge. It ‘s hard to identify a trustworthy site and not to be deceived by frauds or dishonest companies that will not just waste your precious time, but can also spoil your performance at school!
Searching for narrative essay help, students want to find a reliable service. There are thousands of custom writing services that sell narrative essays online, but only a few can give you that decent support that you were looking for! However, if you are looking for the right place to buy narrative essay – you are on the right track as EduBirdie is exactly what you were searching for all this time!
Why Is EduBirdie A Good Choice?
EduBirdie.com is a place where experts in different fields of science work together in order to assist young people in their academic matters and lead them to successful graduation from school, university or college!
Our team is able to provide you with the best narrative essay writing services. And, apart from this, we also guarantee that you will get a number of benefits from working with us, including:
We respect and cherish each client. We also know that every customer has his own demands and expectations, and that is why we approach each of you individually to make your papers authentic! Thus, your teacher or professor will never identify that the work was not written by you!
Fast and high-quality assistance
In order to provide you with prompt but effective assistance, we had carefully selected the best specialists among thousands of candidates, and now, we can confidently say that only at EduBirdie.com you can get a flawless narrative essay even within a few hours! Also, a flexible range of possible due dates allows you to request long-term, normal or urgent work, depending on your individual needs.
Professional writers with vast experience
Each writer who works with our platform was carefully examined and selected to ensure the highest rate of clients’ satisfaction and the best results for you! How do we check the background of our employees? Each candidate is required to pass an examination to prove his or her knowledge, skills and qualifications.
Select the writer you prefer
Choose the fittest writer and reach him in the online chat whenever you need it. What does it mean? We give our customers a unique possibility to hire the writer that you like the most and discuss all the concerns related to your order directly with the chosen specialist. At our website, after making an order request, you can look through several writers’ accounts to see their experience and progress in our company and decide which specialist will be a perfect match for you!
24/7 Customer Support available
Customer service that is always available for you. Our support team representatives are ready to answer your questions at any time of any day, and you can easily contact them using the round-the-clock chat whenever you need their assistance!
Plagiarism free works
Our team cares about your performance, and we do know that uniqueness has always been one of the essential requirements for any type of paper; that is why we always check each work for the uniqueness to ensure that your essay will be 100% unique!
Low prices that will fit any budget
Our team realizes that young people, as a rule, have an unstable financial situation and thus, can’t afford certain things if their price is way too high. That is why we have done everything possible to be confident that the rates at our site are cheap and affordable for clients with different needs and budgets. How else can our rates impress you? At our site, you can choose the suitable price yourself! Thanks to the individual calculation of the order’s final cost and unique bidding system, our customers can adjust the price in accordance with their budget by setting a longer deadline, using special offers, and selecting the writer who offers the lower price.
Helping Students In Reaching Success!
Writing a narrative essay on your own may be not that easy. Different institutions, as well as different teachers, all provide different instructions and have different demands to this type of assignments, and not always it will be easy to meet them.
That is why finding a reliable custom essay writing company is priceless! A company that employs experienced people, who are experts in their field, will help you deal with all of your papers , be it lab reports, expository essays , or other college assignments! And if you choose EduBirdie – each your paper will be authentic, original, interesting, created in accordance with all your needs and thus, worth the highest assessment of your teacher!
Price Plan & Our Features
- Free Outline
- Free Formatting
- Free Title page
- Free Reference Page
- Free Revisions
- Free Submission by Chapters
- Free Plagiarism Report
- Free Customer Service
An abstract is 275 words max; it highlights the key points indicated in the larger paper and is used to reveal the main topic.
1 – page abstract
By getting the VIP support you can always follow up with your order and make any additions by contacting your Personal Manager, who is available 24/7.
With progressive delivery you make sure that your paper quality meets all requirements by checking the half-done order long before the deadline!
Convey the main points placing emphasis on global structures and interrelationships rather than minute detail
Place Your Order Now!
No matter what type of essay you need, we’ll get it written,
so let’s get started.
110 NARRATIVE ESSAY TOPICS
- Describe a memorable time in your life
- Observe all that’s happening around you
- Reflect on your personality
- Imagine any possibility!
NARRATIVE ESSAY TOPICS FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS
In various institutions of learning, writing an essay is a crucial part of the curriculum. In some cases, it represents a quarter of your total grade. So, it’s essential to write an attractive paper if you wish to have an easy time in school. Here, we’ve put together some exciting topics for narrative essay. They’ll give you the head start you need once your professor tells you to write such a project.
- Which Books Have You Read Lately?
- Do You Read Just For Pleasure?
- Which Are The Best Authors And Books?
- Favorite Young Adult Books Or Novels
- Interesting Books For Students To Read This Summer
- Memorable Poems You’ve Read This Year
- Reasons Why You Should Start An Online Learning Blog
- Why Do You Love Writing?
- Do You Have A Journal Or Diary?
- Coolest Things You’ve Seen During A Visit To The Museum
- Would You Exchange Your Paper Notes For Some Digital Versions?
GOOD NARRATIVE ESSAY TOPICS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Some of the most significant platforms in online communication are sites such as Facebook and Twitter. They keep growing with time, and the story of their rise is also quite impressive. Therefore, you’ll find some examples of essay topics to write for your readers. Here are a few:
- The Rise Of Facebook
- How Would You Describe Your Facebook Persona?
- The Most Memorable Moment You’ve Had On Twitter
- Does Facebook Sometimes Make You Feel Sad?
- When Would You Decide To Delete Your Facebook Account?
- How Often Do You Use Twitter?
- Why Do You Love Sharing Photos?
- A Facebook Message Or Tweet You Wish You Never Wrote
- A Picture Or Video That Went Viral On Instagram
- Do You Fear That One Day Your Parents Will Read Your Posts On Social Media?
- Do You Envy Those Who Use Instagram?
TOPICS FOR NARRATIVE ESSAY FOR MUSIC LOVERS
It’s hard to imagine a world without music. We still remember great people like The Beetles and Michael Jackson for their music and how it transformed our lives. Therefore, as a writer, you have an obligation of educating the current and future generation about such individuals as well as their genre of music. However, if you’re not sure about what you want to write, below are some good narrative essay topics:
- Your Favorite Music
- Who Introduced You To The Music You Love?
- Best Songs To Listen To When Hanging Out With Friends
- Describe The Music Which Inspires You!
- A Karaoke Experience!
- Excellent Songwriters Of Today’s Generation
- Musicians Who Failed Their Fans Because Of Drug Abuse
- The Growth Of The Hip Hop Culture In The USA
- Do You Think Afro Music Pop Is Taking Over In Africa?
- Your Favorite Pop Diva
- Pop Music Personalities And Their Fascinating Lives
SPORTS AND GAMES NARRATIVE ESSAY TOPICS
Which game do you love to play or watch? Do you also have an exciting sporting experience? These are two examples of narrative essay topics touching on sports. Others include:
- An Injury You Got When Playing Football
- Have Regular Exercises Transformed Your Life?
- The Story Of The Barclays Premier League
- Childhood Games That You’ll Always Remember
- New England Patriots And Their Rise To Fame
- Corruption Cases Affecting World Football Governing Body FIFA
- Which Game Would You Redesign If Given A Chance?
- Reasons Why You Enjoy Attending The World Rugby Sevens Games
- Most Exciting Sports Experience You’ve Had So Far!
- Your First World Cup And Why It Lived Up To Your Expectations
- Ronaldo Vs. Messi: The Tale Of The Greatest Football Rivalry!
EXAMPLES OF NARRATIVE ESSAY TOPICS ON GENDER ROLES AND SEXUALITY
As human beings, we have remarkable stories to tell when it comes to issues affecting our morality. From the women liberation movement in the United States and foreign oppression in Africa, these narrative essays are too many to exhaust. But for now, you can try any of these ideas:
- How Do Male And Female Roles Differ In Your Home?
- Do You Feel That Parents Expect More From Sons Than Daughters?
- Your First Sexual Experience And How It Changed Your Life
- Why Are You A Feminist?
- Did You Know That Girls Are Just ‘Prey’ To Boys?
- Catcalling And Being Harassed In The Streets
- How Did You Discover Sex?
- As A Parent, How Have You Managed To Address Online Pornography?
- As A Young Lady, Are You Pressured To Have A ‘Perfect’ Body?
- Gender Bias In Universities And How It’s Affecting Learning
- How Much Did You Have To Go Through To Get A Perfect Body?
MORALITY AND RELIGION TOPICS FOR NARRATIVE ESSAY
Expressing our beliefs is something we all love to do. Therefore, if you’re looking for some good narrative essay topics or ideas, there’s a lot in store for you. Some impressive examples include:
- Why Do You Love Helping Others?
- Ethical Dilemmas You’ve Faced
- Why Are You Uncomfortable When You Lie?
- Your Experience In Learning Other Religions
- How Has God Changed Your Life?
- The Story Of The First Christian Church
- The Growth Of Islam In The Middle East
- When You Took Something That Didn’t Belong To The Church
- How Much Do You Value Your Spiritual Life?
- How To Quickly Pass A Simple Religion Test
- Can You Remember Your First Day In Church?
EXAMPLES OF NARRATIVE ESSAY TOPICS ABOUT OUR ROLE MODELS
We all have celebrities that we love and admire. They could be movie stars, musicians or even politicians. These men and women also have captivating stories which need to be told. So, by choosing any of these topics for narrative essay below, you’ll help your readers learn more about their favorite actors or musicians.
- Do You Have A Role Model?
- Best Advice You’ve Heard From Barrack Obama
- The Memories You Have Of Nelson Mandela
- Why Is It Still Hard To Accept The Death Of Michael Jackson?
- Which 5 Actors, Living Or Dead, Would You Have Over For Dinner?
- What Type Of A Leader Do You Want To Become In Future?
- Celebrities You Would Love To Invite To Your Talk Show
- People Who’ve Had Significant Influence On Your Life Outside Your Family
- Things That You Would Say If You Met President Abraham Lincoln Today
- Kwame Nkrumah And The Leaders Who Changed West Africa
- What Would You Do If You Had A Chance To Dine With The Queen Of England?
GOOD NARRATIVE ESSAY TOPICS ON MATTERS DEALING WITH TECHNOLOGY
From communication to business and trade, tech advancements are slowly changing our ways of life. Unfortunately, there’s still a large group of people who don’t know much about the various improvements in technology we enjoy today. To inform them, you’ll need to go through the best narrative essay topics and pick the best. Here are a couple of examples:
- Why Are You Always Distracted By Video Games?
- Reasons Why Your Tablet And Phone Have Become Your Best Friend
- Technological Tools Which Play A Massive Part In Your Life
- Smartphone Devices You Are Excited About
- Your Favorite Android Or iPhone Apps
- Which Video Games Did You Love To Play As A Child?
- Things That Will Keep You Safe While Surfing Online
- A Scamming Experience You Want To Forget
- Which Are Your Best Viral Videos?
- How To Open A Website For Your Company
- The Lack Of Total Anonymity In This Digital Age Is Worrying
NARRATIVE ESSAY TOPICS ON DATING AND RELATIONSHIPS
Do you want to connect with the emotions and feelings of your readers? If yes, then take a look at these examples of narrative essay topics and choose the most attractive one!
- When Did You First Fall In Love?
- Most Meaningful Relationships You’ve Had So Far
- What Would You Tell Someone Who’s New To Dating?
- Basics You’ll Need To Handle Breakups
- Why Do You Believe In Marriage?
- Why Did Your Parents Allow You To Date In High School?
- Do You Think Dating Is A Bit Too Traditional?
- Why Is It Essential For Everyone To Have A Close Friend?
- How To Interact With People From Different Walks Of Life
- How To Handle The End Of A Long Friendship
- Reasons Why ‘Deep Discussions’ Are Essential To The Success Of Any Marriage
TRAVEL AND LEISURE TOPICS FOR NARRATIVE ESSAY
Do you love going to new places and talking to new people? Well, this is one of the most exciting things very few get to do before they pass on to the next life. If you’re fortunate enough to travel from time to time, make sure that you write about the things you’ve seen and the people you’ve met. However, if you don’t know what to talk about, these examples of narrative essay topics will serve as a suitable head start.
- If You Were To Travel Anywhere In The World, Where Would You Go?
- Describe Your Dream Vacation
- An Unforgettable Road Trip!
- A Crazy Adventure With Friends
- Has Travel Affected Your Life?
- Most Famous Landmarks You’ve Visited
- The Coolest Thing To Ever Come From Nature
- The Life Of A Space Tourist
- Would You Live In A Foreign Country?
- A Summer Visit To Dubai
- A Trip To The Tropical Forests Of Africa
Above are some fantastic narrative essay topics for college students. It’s good to write and share your personal stories with other people. Eventually, they’ll grow to love, admire and also respect you. Good luck!
110 Exploratory Essay Topics – How To Find a Perfect Topic For Your Essay
Thesis Statement Examples
110 Expository Essay Topics
Synthesis Essay Examples & Guide
Essay Outline Template