The mission of the Haas Graduate Program in Health Management (GPHM) is to prepare graduates for positions of leadership in all aspects of healthcare, including care delivery and financing, biotechnology and medical devices, information technology and consulting.
GPHM prepares graduates for positions of health industry leadership through two academic programs:
- The MBA/MPH (Master’s in Business Administration/Master’s in Public Health) dual degree
- Health Management course work as part of the MBA degree
To enable the highest level of health industry training, GPHM supports the academic programs through:
- Specialized curriculums that focus on the critical health industry issues.
- Teaching expertise.
- Guest speakers from companies and organizations that are at the forefront of today’s news.
- Informational events, company visits, and networking opportunities through the student-led Haas Healthcare Association.
- The Business of Healthcare Conference at the Haas School of Business.
Visit the GPHM Website
View Admissions Requirements
Meet the BAHM Faculty Representative
Search Our Site
- Health Affairs Features Follow-Up Piece on HMPI’s Chief Innovation Officer Article
- Do Skilled Nursing Facilities Selected to Participate in Preferred Provider Networks Have Higher Quality and Lower Costs?
- Pinar Karaca-Mandic Addresses Rising Drug Prices in Minnesota Public Radio Interview
- BAHM Board Member Larry Van Horn Offers Insights on Amazon’s New Healthcare Role
- WSJ Piece by Regina Herzlinger on Buying Health Insurance with Pretax Dollars
- Yearly paid BAHM internship
- Recent Healthcare Innovations
- Why Cant Mobile Health be Better utilized? Thoughts on the NYTimes Article
- Join in our discussion!
- General Discussion
- Healthcare Education
- Healthcare Topics
- Job Search
- Professional Development
- Student Activities Committee
We’re not around right now. But you can send us an email and we’ll get back to you, asap.
©2018 Business School Alliance for Health Management
Log in with Facebook
Log in with your credentials
Create an account
Forgot your details?
Log in with Facebook
- About Us
- iTEACH Curriculum Map
- Core Competencies
- First-Year Curriculum
- Second-Year Curriculum
- Third-Year Curriculum
- Fourth-Year Curriculum
- PACE (Patient-Centered Clerkship)
- Graduation Requirements
- Curricular Systems
- Course Catalog
- Visiting Students
- Curricular Policies
- Dual-Degree Programs
- About Dual-Degree Programs
- Mission-based Programs
- About Mission-Based Programs
- Resources for Faculty
- Monthly Workshop Schedule
- Quick Links
- Medical Student Photographs
- Contact Us
- Quick Links
- Medical Education Home
- UC Irvine Health Email
- UC Irvine Health Intranet
About our dual-degree programs
The UCI School of Medicine offers five programs that allow our medical students to earn concurrent degrees and tailor their studies to particular career interests and goals.
For example, incoming medical students may apply to our Medical Scientist Training Program, which is directed at medical students interested in pursuing research, or to our Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community (PRIME-LC).
Our dual-degree programs include:
- Students admitted to the Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) may pursue a PhD through any of the university’s graduate programs, specializing in areas such as stem cell biology, cancer biochemistry, human brain mapping and biomechanics. Learn more about the MSTP program ›
- Students in our mission-based Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community (PRIME-LC) enroll in a five-year program to become physicians uniquely trained to serve the diverse communities of California, particularly underserved Latino populations. Learn more about the PRIME-LC program ›
- Our joint MD/MBA program trains physicians in various aspects of business with the aim of producing healthcare industry leaders in fields as diverse as health technology, legislative policy and managed care. Learn more about the MD/MBA program ›
- Our dual MD/MPH program produces physicians with a master’s in public health who are equipped to address the world’s changing public health needs. Learn more about the MD/MPH program ›
- We also offer a students interested in clinical research a master’s of science degree in Biomedical and Translational Science (MS-BATS). Learn more about the MS-BATS program ›
- Medical students interested in business aspects of healthcare and health administration can pursue a combined MD/MBA program in concert with UCI’s Paul Merage School of Business. Learn more about the MD/MBA program ›
Contact Us | Comments & Questions | Privacy & Legal Notice | Copyright Inquiries | ©